By 1776, Williamsburg’s Coffeehouse had moved from its location at the end of Duke of Gloucester Street, the building reverting to its original purpose as a store. The new owners, Charlotte and Beverly Dixon, operated it as a haberdasher’s store, selling cloth, clothing accessories and luxury goods. The store was entered through the left hand door in the picture. To the right was the entrance to the Dixons’ personal parlor.
Close