The online manuscripts include transcripts and images of selected historical
documents from seven of the Foundation’s collections: the Blathwayt
Papers; the Governor’s Land Papers; the Humphrey Harwood Account
Book; the Francis Nicholson Papers; the Prentis Papers; the Peyton Randolph
Papers; and the Spotswood Papers.
- Official papers of William Blathwayt (1649-1717).
Governor’s Palace Land Papers
- Letters, deeds, and miscellaneous legal papers regarding sale of certain
parts of the land formerly attached to the Governor’s Palace in
Humphrey Harwood Account Book
- Account book of Humphrey Harwood (d. 1788), brickmaker and builder
in Williamsburg, Va.
Francis Nicholson Papers
- Letters and papers of Francis Nicholson (1660-1728).
- Ledger of accounts receivable of the Prentis Store dating from about
Peyton Randolph Papers
- Letters of Peyton Randolph (1778-1826) to his wife, Maria Ward
Randolph (1784-1826), with some letters from Maria Randolph and others.
- Personal correspondence of Alexander Spotswood (1676-1740).