Visit the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library
John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library
313 First Street,
- Mailing Address
- John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
P.O. Box 1776
Williamsburg, VA 23187-1776
- The Library is open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except major holidays.
- Special Collections is open Monday through Friday by appointment only. To make an appointment please call 757-565-8520 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Visual Resources services (757-565-8542) is open by appointment only. To
schedule a visit, please contact the Visual Resources Librarian several days
- The Library will be closed the following days in 2013:
- New Year's Day (Monday, January 2, 2013)
President's Day (Monday, February 20, 2013)
Memorial Day (Monday, May 28, 2013)
Independence Day (Wednesday, July 4, 2013)
Labor Day (Monday, September 3, 2013)
Veteran's Day (Monday, November 12, 2013)
Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22, 2013)
Christmas (Tuesday, December 25, 2013)
- From Historic Area, walking
From Richmond, Virginia (west)
From Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Rockefeller Library has three levels. Level 1 is office space; Level
2 includes Special Collections, the Public Services Dept. and open stacks
with the call numbers, A-F; Level 3 continues
the stacks with call numbers, G-Z, periodicals, auction catalogs and the offices
of the Digital History
- Computer Access
- Public Computers are available for access to the online catalog.
- Wireless access is also available.
- Research Assistance
- We welcome inquiries of a scholarly nature, but our ability to respond to
general reference questions is limited. We encourage scholars to visit and
use our collections. If you would like an orientation upon your arrival, please
schedule an appointment and include
information about your topic and research goals.