Colonial Williamsburg®

History.org: The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's Official History and Citizenship Website

CW Foundation navigation

The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

An old flyer.
Flyer announcing the Williamsburg Mass Meeting of June 12, 1928.
An old postcard.
1908 postcard of Old Court House, built 1769.

Corporate Archives and Records

Colonial Williamsburg's Corporate Memory

The Archives and Records Department was created in 1945 to document the administrative, business, and legal history of the Restoration and the Foundation. The Department serves as the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's corporate memory by maintaining a comprehensive records management program, ensuring that Foundation records are properly maintained and accessible throughout their life cycle.

The archival collection serves the research needs of Foundation staff, though external researchers may also use the collection. Researchers should be aware that the Foundation, as a private, corporate archive, may place restrictions on certain records or entire collections. Researchers can expedite their work by contacting the department well in advance of any intended arrival.


A to Z Archives
Browse highlights from the Archives
Footer