Books, Manuscripts, and More
The Rockefeller Library houses a specialized collection of books, journals, manuscripts, images, and databases. These items support research regarding the political and economic life of the thirteen colonies and the new republic, African American studies, the decorative arts and material culture, archaeology, architectural history, and historical preservation.
Catalog search (books and manuscripts):
Search by Resource Type
- A wide variety of online and hard-copy journals are available at the Rockefeller Library and through Foundation computers.
- The Rockefeller Library owns more than 50,000 manuscript pages. Some of them are available online.
- The Rockefeller Library houses hundreds of thousands of photos, postcards, and other visual items.
- Subscription databases are only accessible from Colonial Williamsburg Foundation computers.
- Topical bibliographies and resources
- WorldCat: search the collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
- Virginia Heritage: Guides to Manuscript & Archival Collections in Virginia
- Virginia Colonial Records Project