Colonial Williamsburg®

History.org: The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's Official History and Citizenship Website

Allmand-Archer House photograph(1908)

  • MS 1994.3
  • 1 black and white mounted photo

A mounted, black and white photograph of a sketch executed in 1908 showing the front façade of the Allmand-Archer House, 327 Duke Street, Norfolk, Virginia. Erected in the 1790s for the merchant Matthew Hervey, the Greek Revival doorway and heavy window lintels were added during the mid-19th century. In 1802, it was acquired by merchant Harrison Allmand and descended through marriage to the Archer family. The house served as headquarters for American military officers during the War of 1812.


Footer