Visit and Service Information
Use the Library's Collections or Find Assistance
The collections of the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library focus on the history and culture of colonial British America, the American Revolution, and the early United States. The Library is open to the public 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Visit or contact the library, or select one the library departments below for more information.
Subjects in Our Collections
Major topics covered by materials from the Library include:
- American colonial architecture
- architecture of 18th-century Virginia
- American folk art
- English 18th-century ceramics and textiles
- American and English decorative arts
- architecture of Great Britain
- American and English 18th-century furniture
Resources at the Library
We encourage scholars to visit and use our collections. Inquiries of a scholarly nature are welcome, but our ability to respond to general reference questions is limited.
Public computers are available at the Library for access to the online catalog and other resources. Wireless internet access is also available.