Historical, Educational, and Scholarly Materials
Colonial Williamsburg's online resources provide a wealth of information about the town's history and the American Revolution.
Dive into some of our historical and educational content below to begin exploring:
- Virtual Williamsburg - Immerse yourself in an interactive 3D model of Virginia's 18th-century capital. The project integrates architectural, archaeological, and historical information, presenting the city as it has not been seen in more than 200 years.
- The American Revolution - Browse objects, biographies, and articles, to learn about the causes and consequences of a revolution that still shapes lives around the globe.
- Slavery and Remembrance - Discover the story of the transatlantic slave trade and slavery, and investigate their legacies through a diverse collection of objects, museum exhibits, and historical sites.
- Digital Library - Browse or search hundreds of historical manuscripts, estate inventories, Virginia Gazette newspapers, and Colonial Williamsburg research reports.
- eWilliamsburg - Explore an interactive map of Williamsburg to learn more about the research done on historical properties in the town.
- Principles of Freedom - Learn what the Declaration of Independence meant to America's founders and how its message has resonated through history.